Jump to the main content block
:::

History

A- A A+
print

Reporting to this Office are the Taichung City, Fongyuan, Changhua and Nantou Motor Vehicle Offices, and the Puli Branch, each of which has 4 to 5 sections as needed by their affairs to perform the motor vehicle services for Taichung County, Taichung City, Changhua County and Nantou County.

Feb. 1, 1952
 
Taichung Motor Vehicle Office, Highways Bureau of Taiwan Provincial Department of Transportation was instituted on Feb. 1, 1952 at 77, Beitun Rd., North Dist., Taichung City, and officially began service on Feb. 10.
1953
 
To respond to the local needs, Yuanlin Motor Vehicle Office was further established in 1953 February.
1960
 
Nantou Motor Vehicle Office was established in 1960 July.
 
1966
The Taichung Motor Vehicle Office was renamed as the Third Region Motor Vehicle Office in 1966 December.
1967
 
Fongyuan Motor Vehicle Office was established in 1967.
 
1970
This office was renamed as Taichung Region Motor Vehicle Office in 1970 April.
Dec. 30, 1974
 
Its subsidiary Yuanlin Motor Vehicle Office was renamed as Changhua Motor Vehicle Office on Dec. 30, 1974.
Sept. 27, 1980
 
This office was relocated on Sept. 27, 1980 to No.2, Sec.1, Yuyuan Rd., Dadu Township, Taichung County till date, which is almost 20 km to downtown of Taichung City. Hence, in response to people’s request, the office at Beitun Rd., Taichung City was reinstituted as Taichung Office on Oct. 1, 1980 and dedicated to the services for motorcycles and professional drivers in Taichung City.
Sept. 17, 1981
 
To strengthen services to people in remote areas, the Puli Branch of Nantou Motor Vehicle Office was established on Sept. 17, 1981, whereby to expand the aspect of service.
Apr. 1, 1983
 
Taichung Office was reinstituted on Apr. 1, 1983 as Taichung City Motor Vehicle Office.
Jan. 30, 2002
 
Subject to the downsizing of Taiwan Provincial Government, the “Taichung Motor Vehicle Office, Highways Bureau of Taiwan Provincial Department of Transportation” changed to be under the administration of the “Highways Bureau of Department of Transportation”, a national authority, and further was renamed as “Directorate General of Highways, Department of Transportation” on Jan. 30, 2002. Therefore, the full title of this office is “Taichung Motor Vehicle Office, Directorate General of Highways, Department of Transportation”.
Visitors: 334 Update Date: 108-06-24 Maintenance Unit: Information Management Office, Taichung Motor Vehicles Office
Back
Top