Foreign driver's license exchange for R.O.C. driver's license (allowed only for citizens of reciprocating countries)
- Original. R.O.C.-ID card and household registry copy or A.R.C. ( permitted for stay of more than 6 months).
- Valid foreign driver's license (original).
- Passport (if original passport already hand-in, then should attach other relevant certifications, e.g. embarkation and debarkation forms which are in matching correspondence with passport issuing date and validity).
- Chinese translation (one copy - certified by local notary public).
- One recent 1-inch bust front view photo, bareheaded, on glossy paper (identical to driver's license format).
- One copy of regular driver's license registration form (attach physical ability examination certificate, validity one year).
Verification/inspection: driver's licenses issued by the P.R.O.C. should be verified/inspected by various agencies (set up or designated by the Executive Yuan), or by other out-sourced public groups.
Driver's licenses issued by other Countries should be verified/inspected by relevant R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or other agencies possessing "letters of proxy" from the MOFA).